Ruyterwacht Seniors tries to alleviate our members' needs by providing the following services:
Social and Spiritual
- Two gatherings per week provide opportunities for social interaction, including spiritual support
- Social Work by a part-time social worker
- Spiritual care is available for those in dire need.
- Field trips and other excursions, when available.
- Subsidized meals twice a week
- Soup kitchen three times a week, open to the whole community
- A tuck-shop offers fresh fruit, vegetables and soup-meat at below cost price
- A women's group where members are taught how to prepare economical meals
Health and personal care
- Basic health services, such as blood-pressure- and foot-clinics.
- Home-care services, e.g. bed-wash, and wound care.
- Hair care by students of the Wave College.
- A nail-care clinic provided by volunteers.
- Boarding & Lodging to homeless elderly persons in 4 boarding-houses, rented by Ruyterwacht Seniors
- We are in desperate need of more housing opportunities!
- Library service - donated books
- Subsidized transport to and from centre gatherings, as well as to hospitals and clinics
- Laundry and gardening services are offered to the members.
- Various Arts & Crafts classes are offered.
- The Centre has its own choir that performs at various functions.